So today’s post is about a recent purchase of 3 of NYX soft butter creams! I know..i know..i’m late to get on this bandwagon?! But better late then never, right!
I’ve always known about these but never thought to really buy them, but as i’m getting closer to my cousins wedding, i’ve decided to let loose a little and spend on some good makeup because i’ll need it!
I ended up NOT buying all 3 at once. I bought them individually, in a span of a week! The first one i bought was Zurich. And i can say hands down, it is my favorite of the 3! I guess first is always the best 😉
I next bought Istanbul which is a much pinkier and brighter shade than Zurich, at first i did not like this one and kind of regretted getting it, but…over time, i’ve grown to love it!
And lastly, I purchased Cairo which is my least favorite of the 3, you’ll see why shortly…
Packaging, Texture, Feel:
- So I love the little sized bottles they come in! The color on outside part of bottle never fades as you use the lip creams, at least i don’t think they do, which is a plus! You’ll always know the shade you own!
- I feel that the colors on the bottles don’t 100% match for how they appear on your skin vs. lips. I swatched them all on my hands before buying, but still i felt a big difference between my skin vs how they appeared on my lips
- They SMELL SO GOOD! Like vanilla! Makes me hungry every time i open one of these!
- The best thing about them: LONG LASTING, NEVER FADE even after eating food! They dry matte, which i love! It appears just like lipstick and is long lasting. I’ve been wearing them to work and by end of day, most of the color is still on my lips.
So let’s get into it! I’ll do one shade at a time and discuss it after! Here’s a quick pic of my Natural lips + the 3 NYX creams:
- What does it remind you of? looks like concealer to me…
- I was disappointed with this shade. I wanted a nude lip, but this is literally whiting. I’m not sure what skin tone this would look good on, i feel like it won’t work for any…so if you’re a brown/desi girl like me, i’d recommend not buying this one
- So how did i turn this negative shade into something useful? I found that if i put this on lightly (1-2 swipes) and THEN apply either of the other two shades i bought on, on top, it helps change/mute/create various shades of pink which are lovely.
- Now for purpose of this review, i did not do that. But i wanted to tell you all how i use this shade now so i get the most of my money
- Will i repurchase? Probably not. I’m on hunt for a new nude NYX shade, please give me recommendations below if you’ve used any!!
- Overall rating of Cairo: 3/5
- This is a very pinkish / bubble gum shade.
- The lighting in my pics is not the best, but i think the shade is the brightest of the 3 i own.
- Overall, not bad at all. A good, simple, daily use type of shade
- Would I repurchase? Maybe
- Overall Rating of Istanbul: 3.85/5
- Not sure how well you can see the difference between this and Istanbul, but this is the darkest shade I have
- I love this one the most! I think it looks good on my natural lips and again is super versatile so i can dress it up or dress it down
- This was my first shade i bought, so i’d definitely recommend this to a first time buyer!
- Would I repurchase? Probably
- Overall Zurich Rating: 4.5/5
- Overall, I’m not disappointed at all with buying these. They are very affordable, for only $6-7 at your local drugstore! I got mine at CVS.
- They have SO MANY shades, I wish I could just try them all haha!
- Different things work/look better on different people. Try swatching as many as you can before purchasing and ask around for recommendations and google it up!
- The fact that they dry fast, stay on long, and last for hours, is what really won me over. I find that some of my high end lipsticks don’t even do that!
- One issue i have with this, is that they make my lips look dry. I hated that. After a few days of using, i decided to put light coat of vaseline on my lips, before applying any of these shades, and VIOLA! It did the trick!
- So if you have dry lips/cracked lips (like me), try to moisturize them prior to using these NYX creams!
That’s all folks! Let me know what you think of these shades, if you’ve tried any yourself and what you’d recommend! Would love to hear your thoughts!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to stay up to date on my blog happenings!
Until next time, XOXO
Ive been wanting to purchase these for ages!! I was unsure if they would keep your lips hydrated or not, cuz not all matte liquid lipsticks dry out your lips. Istanbul looks really nice. I’ve been wanting a brown nude or a maroon ish shade if they’ve got one.
Yes, its not super hydrating but not super drying either! that’s why i coat it with vaseline or something, try that! and YES i’m looking for a good brown nude too. i believe the shade Abu Dhabi is good for people with skin tones like us desis, so try that one out! i havent been able to find it the few times ive been to drug stores looking for it so will have to keep looking!
Love NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream! Ever since I bought one last year, I’ve become obsessed with them and ended up purchasing more. You should try out Cannes and Stockholm, they are really nice colors too.
Yes, i need to get my hands on more shades! will def look into it!
I really like these! I have Stockholm (which would look amazing on you btw, you should definitely try it! it’s a good dupe for Mac’s Velvet Teddy) and Antwerp (which is like a bright coral/pink). Unlike the Colourpop ones, it doesn’t dry out my lips too much and that’s such a big plus for me because I generally have extremely dry skin. I just wish it was slightly more pigmented :/
yeah i need to get my hands on some more shades! i’ve heard of stockholm from various people, will have to look into it!
Great post ! I liked Zurich the most ❤️❤️❤️
I have been after NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream since forever but they are not available here. Now I will look for the ones you mentioned. Can’t wait to try them!! 😀 xx
Try to order online?! Let me know your thoughts if/when you get your hands on them!
Tried that. Pretty futile. Will surely do!! 🙂
I’ve really wanted to buy these for a while but there’s no local store that offers these… So, online shopping is my only option, which I’m quite hesitant about when it comes to makeup since you can’t swatch and all that. Zurich really looks nice on you! I think we have similar skin tones, so I’m hoping it’ll look good on me too, haha!
I totally know what you mean about splurging on makeup before weddings.. I went to Cardiff last week and splurged at Boots. Definitely writing a haul post soon!
Yes, i never buy makeup online becuase its too difficult! Plus you’re stuck with it if you don’t like it…and thanks so much! yeah it def will then if we’re similar shades!
haha right!! my bank account is crying, but it will be worth it! ooh nice! yes do it, love seeing people’s splurges! i’ll be doing my makeup haul post soon too, before the wedding!
I have no idea how others buy makeup online.. I guess it’d be handy if the products were available somewhere to test.. But in this case I know there’s no testing the product! I find myself looking for desi girls swatching and reviewing the products.
Hahah I knooow! I just got back from my week in Cardiff so I’m totally broke right now. xD I hope I’ll be able to do it soon. Everything is so hectic right now! (and exams start in 3 weeks! T.T) But I can’t wait to make the photos.. 😀 Stay tuned!
Can’t wait to see your haul post!
haha i guess if you’re replenishing makeup you owned and its out now, then thats fine. but nothing new, thats too difficult! hahaha nice! yeah i’ll look fwd to it! 🙂