If you know me and follow me on Instagram then you know that ever since Kylie’s released her lip kits, i’ve been wanting to get my hands on them! It’s pretty ridiculous how fast these products of hers sell out so so so so fast – like she’s rolling in some serious dough these days!
Anyways, the hype around her lip kits and lip products is pretty substantial and i can agree with it now that i FINALLY got my hands on the mini matte set she released for the holidays!
I think this is the best product of hers to get because its 6 mini mattes for only $36!!! What a bargain! Plus free shipping for Black Friday + the day she released them (Nov 21 – a day after my birthday)! So worth it! Check out her holiday mini mattes right here! Unfortunately, sold out currently, but maybe they’ll be back in stock soon!
Thankfully this didn’t sell out by time i got to the website – so yay me!
Time to review these for y’all!
Packaging, Product, THE FEELS!
- So it comes in a black box which you can open up and inside is the product plus a hand written card from Kylie. Hats off to her marketing team, the personal touch of her sending these cards definitely gives this product more of a ‘personal’ feeling and everyone these days wants to feel like Kylie Jenner.
- The mini mattes are in a silver box which slides out as you can see in the last picture and all of the 6 tubes are conveniently packaged inside with no way of falling out.
- One thing to note – these are mini! I knew they would be – but actually holding them makes you realize how small they truly are! Not a bad thing at all – but perfect for travelling and carrying around with you!
- I absolutely LOVE the way these look! SO perfect, girly and chic! They feel kind of like glass but not easy to break (i’ve already dropped them on the hard floor once, oops!) so i love that! Plus these include her signature look with the bleeding lip and her name going across each tube. Hands down one of the best lipstick packaging i’ve ever seen. She clearly has the best marketing + design team ever!
Shades, Product, Looks!
- So one of the major reasons i got this mini set was because of the perfect color offerings. 3 are lighter, more of an ‘everyday’ kind of wear, and the other 3 are darker shades for a night out or dramatic look.
- Obviously, i like the 3 lighter shades the best. They look pretty decent on me and i think i can wear them on the daily if i want to!
- The formula of these lippies are extremely easy to wear and long lasting for sure. I had such a hard time rubbing them off of my lips because they are quite pigmented and dry onto your lips in like 20 seconds of application. One swipe of this on each lip is basically enough to get the product onto your lips and last awhile!
- My only fear is that since the bottles are so mini, they may run out too soon! Ah i hope not!
- So if you have skin tone similar to mine, then this is how the colors will look on you!
- I think these would look nice and slightly different on each person’s skin which is part of the magic of her products!
- Ranked from my favorite to least favorite: Angle, Kristen, Ginger, Love Bite, Moon and then Vixen.
- The Vixen shade is no joke – i could not get that off my lips completely for like 24 hours! Thank god for Miscellar water to the rescue! That plum shade is no joke, it legit is super dark and gets into the cracks of your lips which is impossible to get out of and left behind a slight too pink look on my lips ugh!
- The bottom 3 shades i will definitely be using on the daily! They are perfect for it! Moon is also a tricky shade because on it’s own its too gray – i will need to play around with it and maybe mix it in with other shades to see if it will look less crazy and more wearable!
- The Vixen though – if anyone has any idea how i can make it subtle and wear more often, let me know!
Final Thoughts: Love it! Definitely worth the hype and love the bargain $ i got it at. The formula is super long lasting and not as drying as i was expecting like so many other liquid lips are, which makes this even better! The super sleek packaging is also a huge + and makes the product appealing to the eye and hand for use. Overall, 8.5/10!
Do let me know if you’ve ever used any Kylie products yourself!
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram as well!
Until next time, XOXO
OMG!!! Kristen is my favorite, but Ginger is so beautiful too! I’m waiting for my Kylie holiday cosmetics bag to come haha 🙂
They are the best! Ooooh! Those are pretty too! I wish i could have her whole collection 😛
Yeah!! The holiday collection is to die for!!
Thanks for the review! I loved the swatches you provided, super useful for the next time I want to order a color! I totally understand what you mean about the vixen shade, I have Leo which is a dark red similar to that, and its impossible to wear it on its own. I have tried putting a light layer of that on and then adding Mac’s Taupe or Persistance to mute it out a little so maybe give that a try! 🙂
Yw! Haha yeah its so hard! i’m going to have to play around with it and try to blend different shades and see what i come up with. These dry so fast and basically don’t come off until u wash or try to remove, so i need to go in quickly with another shade to mute it down! lol
Wow gorgeous colors. Great review.
Kristen and vixen are by my favorites! Love them
Maybe try a lighter gold gloss on top of Vixen to make it lighter or use a white lipstick as a base such as the one sold by Bite Beauty. I think the shade is called Opal.
Oh good tip with white lipstick-i’ve never tired one! will have to look into it! thanks!
No problem! I saw a video of somebody using the white on top of a black lipstick and blending it in with a lip brush and it worked for them!