If you’re in the northeast part of the US, tell me how you feel about this heat wave we have going through the area today! Ugh I am not loving it. I can only stand heat up to about 80 degrees, beyond that it gets unbearable. I’m glad it will cool off and go back to nice weather in the next few days and the next week.
So onto today’s post! I’m reviewing a few of the NYX Lingerie lippies! I know these came out last year, and were all the rage, but I didn’t buy my own until this year. We actually got a few of these for my mom last year for her anniversary – so 3 of these are hers, and 2 of these are mine!
I bought the 2 I own now (Push up & Ruffle Trim) almost two weeks ago, but I wanted to wait until now to review them, once I used them for a while! If you remember, last year I did the NYX soft matte lippie review…but you all will be surprised perhaps, when I say that I think I like the Lingerie line better than the mattes!
Unfortunately, as good as the mattes were, they dried up and I had to throw out all of the ones I had because they were basically un-wearable. Talk about disappointment! I then decided it was time to get some new lippies for everyday use and NYX Lingerie is definitely the perfect choice.
Here’s swatches on my arm:
What I love about it:
- Affordable (hello – $6.99!)
- Readily available (drugstore, Ulta, etc.)
- A lot of shades to choose from
- Not overly drying
- Formula is buttery and doesn’t set in right away after applying, which is good so you can push your lips together and push around the product on your lips to get it to your liking
- The tube is a nice size; you get a good amount for the $
The not so great parts:
- Obviously it isn’t the most long-lasting lipstick and after perhaps 6-8 hours, it starts to crack on your lips
- After food consumption you may need to re-apply depending on how much has wiped off
The shades are all a nice almost nude palette with obviously some exceptions, but otherwise I think a lot of them could be worn for daily use if you’d like!
Have you guys tried any of these? Would love to know your favorites! Share them down below.
Don’t forget to follow me on Instagram to stay up to date on the blog.
Until next time, XOXO