It’s been so long since i’ve posted on here. 2019 was definitely a weak year on the blogging front. 2018 was busy with wedding planning and 2019 was busy with the new life.
I’m not sure what 2020 will bring in terms of the blogging front and i’m not making any promises. I’ll just go with the flow and see what happens!
I did want to share some things I learned this past year and how I want to take them into the new year. Keep reading if you want to see how maybe some of this is relevant for you as well.
- You can’t control other people’s thoughts, actions or perceptions – so don’t let them dictate your life, or who you are.
- Be open and understanding with a constant desire to understand yourself and other people, rather than being judgemental.
- Being truly present, takes a lot of mindfulness, practice and care. Don’t give up.
- Every moment is fleeting, don’t be afraid to do new things, try something, or make mistakes.
- The people in your life who love you are a gift, treat them well.
- Keep asking questions. Even if people see it as ‘nosy’, you know your true intentions. Curiosity may have killed the cat, but if you don’t ask, you will never know – and sometimes not knowing is just a sign of ignorance.
- YOU are enough. Repeat it. Believe it.
- Every relationship in life needs to be nurtured. It’s a 2-way street. Keep in touch, reach out, stay in the loop. Try your best not to get disappointed when the other doesn’t reciprocate – but learn your lesson early on to protect your heart.
- Allow yourself to relax without feeling guilty, lazy or unproductive.
- Continue to feel comfortable with yourself but also continue to learn, grow, love and care as you evolve.
And that’s my top 10 lessons of the year and hope I can continue them for the new year to come.
What are your new years resolutions or learnings? Would love to hear.
Until next time, XOXO