Happy new year! I can’t believe we’re already in March of 2021….most of us are still recovering from March of 2020…I can’t believe we are a year from the start of the COVID chaos!
Anyways, so many of my recent posts have been travel related that I don’t ever post much else, this is not a travel blog. But somehow that’s all I love to write about. I need to get better at posting more about other things. In the meantime, ill do this post anyways!
So this was our first trip with friends, our besties here in MI and it was so fun! We planned it all in a matter of like 6 weeks and obviously, with so many personalities, sometimes somethings are hard to plan and get on the same page with, but overall it was a great and memorable time.
Neither me nor my husband had been to Miami before, so it was cool to see such a vibrant city. It’s definitely a party place, and we are not about that scene, so there’s still a lot to do otherwise!
Our top things we did were:
- Wynwood walls – the famous art walls around, which are about $20 entrance fee but amazing pics come as a result of it.
- Design district – cool upscale area of all designer brand shopping with some cool art and architecture in it.
- Within Design district – we went to Dior Cafe, and it’s a girls dream! Super chic and fancy place for coffee and tea break.
- Miami and South beach areas – both are beaches and have downtown townish areas with them. We at at south beach at a pizza place one night
- The Keys are in this part of Florida – so we went to Key Biscayne because it’s a bit further than the densely populated beaches of South Beach and it also allowed us to see a ‘Key’.
- Skyview Miami – is the ferris wheel in downtown that gives you a nice skyline view. It’s skippable now that we look back at it but still something to do if you like.
Some of our top food places were :
- Mayami Mexicantania
- Dior Cafe
- Salty Donut
- The pizza place we went to, I can’t remember the name of!
- 4D Gelato
- Our fanciest meal for the last night was at Island at Garden Deck
- And a cool dessert place was Sugar Daddy!
We stayed in the Brickell downtown area, wouldn’t 10/10 recommend our hotel so I won’t even write it but Brickell is a nice area. It’s also very central to a lot of things so that’s nice too!
Overall, there’s so much to do and see honestly. We could’ve done even more if we wanted but also this was a nice break from the hectic life.
Have you ever been to Miami? Let me know what you thought of it and what you loved!
Until next time, XOXO