Hi Friends! I can’t believe we’re already over 1/3 of the way through 2021! Time is flying…
Last month, we took our last trip during residency for my husband to California! We originally had dreamed of going to Europe but of course COVID ruined all that…my husband had never been to Cali so this was a good alternative.
Here’s a quick recap of all the things we did – we only did Socal and the trip was a total of almost 6 days!
- Day 1 – arrived into LAX
- Had In-n-out because what other way do you start a trip!
- We stayed at the Westin Bonaventure in downtown, and I wouldn’t 100% recommend it. There are honestly TONS of hotels and it’s so hard to pick because distances in LA are ridiculous.
- I did however, rent a super fun convertible for this trip as it is part of my husband’s graduation gifts so that was fun driving around!
- We hit the Walk of fame first and it was fine, my husband was disappointed because I don’t know what he was really expecting lol
- We had dinner reservations at Laurel Hardware and it was such a cute place and food was good!
- After that, we ended the night at Urban Lights which are free and iconic part of visiting LA!
- Day 2 – started out with a hike in Elysian Park
- Then we had breakfast at Egg slut which is a well known breakfast joint to try!
- We went to the Hollywood sign after that which is again iconic and must-see
- Then we took a break and went back to the hotel for a little bit and rested
- We went to the Huntington Gardens which was cute and different!
- Had dinner at Dave’s Hot Chicken ! 10/10 MUST TRY! SOOOO GOOD!
- Then we ended the night at the Santa Monica Pier which is again a must see. The sunset there was beautiful!
- Day 3
- We started at Rodeo Drive & Beverly hills and walked around all the nice shopping area
- Had brunch at The Farm of Beverly Hills which was nice
- We then went to Malibu this day and El Matador beach, this was my favorite part of LA! The drive is so scenic and weather was great enough this day too.
- We ended night with catching sunset and having dinner at Farm at Malibu and it was so yum! It’s one of the most famous restaurants there, so i’d definitely recommend!
- Day 4 – we checked out of LA
- We were driving to San Diego this day and it is about a 3 hour drive but along the way we stopped at a halal korean bbq place and it was delicious! Our first time trying halal bbq, and it was 10/10! I Can BBQ
- We checked into our hotel after and this was an amazing hotel, 10/10 recommend The Guild Hotel the customer service was also phenomenal and the vibes of the hotel were so perfect for a basic b like me 😉
- We caught the sunset at the famous sunset cliffs and that was the end of this tiring day!
- Day 5
- We started with breakfast at Breakfast Republic and then went to the balboa park which is famous in SD. We visited the art museum there and walked around because the area is just so nice and architecture is great too!
- We went to petco park which is the baseball field area in downtown since my husband wanted to see it and then ended the night with dinner at Blind Burro
- Day 6
- Started off with breakfast at Gaslamp Breakfast Company
- Then went to the town of La jolla which is the famous beach town there and we loved it!
- My husband did paragliding there which was super fun and we walked around Torrey Pines some more
- Ended the night with dinner at Monello and got gelato to finish us off!
- Day 7 – our last day here
- We got breakfast at Claytons
- Then spent the whole day at the beach in Coronado which was so nice
- Drove back to LAX to return car and get on our flight back home!
The trip was so fun and relaxing, the weather could have been better but oh well. It was so nice to get a break and enjoy some time together and experience new things.
Until next time, XOX